See Us, Support Us 2020
Supporting Children of Incarcerated Parents in Schools
This October, join SEE US, SUPPORT US (SUSU), a month of national awareness raising and activities to increase support for children of incarcerated parents. This year, SUSU focuses on supporting children’s educational success and wellbeing from early childhood through college. Throughout the month of October, we will share resources, tips, and stories on how to increase visibility and support for children of incarcerated parents, of all ages, in schools.
Join See Us, Support Us month to:
- Learn tips for supporting young people’s learning and development, creating affirming spaces, and involving incarcerated parents in educational planning.
- Understand and gain tools to respond to young people’s unique concerns related to having an incarcerated parent during COVID-19.
- Reimagine school safety without police and learn about efforts to safeguard children at the time of a parent’s arrest.
- Hear from young people about how best to support them.
- Download our social media guide and share posts throughout October.
- Join the See Us, Support Us Network
Visit the See Us, Support Us website for more information: www.susu-osborneny.org
Visit our national partners’ websites to learn more about SUSU activity across the United States: