The See Us, Support Us 2018 campaign will focus on increasing and improving ways to maintain the parent-child relationship during a period of incarceration, including through visits.
One powerful way to promote the campaign and its message is through social media. Engaging on social by sharing content with your followers can increase the number of voices who are speaking up for children of incarcerated parents.
Where to join the conversation:
Starting on October 1, we will be posting each individual right from the Children of Incarcerated Parents Bill of Rights on Facebook and Twitter to highlight the needs and experiences of children of incarcerated parents. Download these images and tweets to post along with us. Don’t forget to use the #8DaysOfRights and #SeeUsSupportUs hashtags and add the Bill of Rights image to your posts.
DOWNLOAD BILL OF RIGHTS IMAGES AND SAMPLE TWEETS
Sample Campaign Tweets:
- Join the campaign to see and support children of incarcerated parents during the month of October: www.osborneny.org/susu #SeeUsSupportUs
- Download @OsborneNY Stronger Together handbooks with info for caregivers supporting children of incarcerated parents osb.mx/StrongerTogether
Most kids want and need to visit their incarcerated parents. Visits support wellbeing and helps reduce emotional distress of both child and parent. #SeeUsSupportUs
Enhanced visits have,"no restrictions [on children's ability] to touch and hug, and sit on the lap and interact and play [with]" their parents. Learn about the Greater Hudson Initiative for Children of Incarcerated Parents enhanced visits program. http://bit.ly/2O09HiW
- Let's work together to reduce stigma, increase support for kids of incarcerated parents, and bring back visiting buses. Join the #SeeUsSupportUs Network osborneny.org/susu
- Great resource for non-parent caregivers in NY w/financial and legal assistance, referrals, & more http://www.nysnavigator.org/ #SeeUsSupportUs
DOWNLOAD IMAGES SIZED FOR TWITTER
Follow national partners on Twitter: @OsborneNY, @ACCIPP1, @SFCIPP, @CTCIPInitiative, @We_GotUsNow, and use #SeeUsSupportUs.
Sample Facebook and Instagram posts:
- October is #SeeUsSupportUs month, a campaign to increase the visibility of children of incarcerated parents. JOIN THE NETWORK now and learn about tips and strategies you can take to support children of incarcerated parent and remove barriers to visiting. www.osborneny.org/susu.
Celebrate the creative expression and talents of children and families impacted by parental incarceration. Share their stories and artwork online with the hashtag #MyParentInside during the Osborne Association’s See Us, Support Us campaign in October www.osborneny.org/susu.
Learn about actions you can take to support visiting in New York State specifically. Join the Osborne Association's See Us, Support Us campaign today! www.osborneny.org/susu.
DOWNLOAD IMAGES SIZED FOR FACEBOOK AND INSTAGRAM